Introduction to Marketing I
- Introduction to Marketing I
- Code: BUS170
- View Course Outline
- Software: A word processing program
- Prerequisite: None
- Related Courses: See course index at left
Do you have a business idea, but are unsure about how to market your ideas to customers? Do careers in business appeal to you?
In this Introduction to Marketing class, you’ll master the basics of marketing, including core concepts such as financing, pricing, distribution, product management, and more.
By the end of this two part series, you’ll have developed your own comprehensive marketing plan for a new business.
You’ll learn about:
- The basics of economics and economic systems
- Efficiency, productivity, value, and utility
- Managing business finances
- Credit, borrowing, and lending
- Accounting practices
- Minimizing risk
- Operating a business in the global marketplace
- Generating business ideas and seeking out business opportunities
- Defining a business’s mission, vision, values, and scope
- Creating a business plan
- Promoting and advertising a business